Have you ever visited a vineyard or winery and enjoyed the tranquil surroundings. Ever thought you could do this forever? Why not?
Make arrangements to visit the vineyard and experience firsthand the operations of a vineyard. Michael Bresk and His wife, Annemarie, want to share the experience with you for two days.
Michael was an accountant for 20 years before he left the big city for the vineyard and teaching. They purchased 20 acres and a mobile home with a barn and tractor in 2005. The vineyard was started some three years later after the land was cleared and the proper soil Ph was established. The local people were canning muscadine grape jelly and providing samples to the Bresk family and the jelly was quite good. A u-pick operation in the area captured the interest of the Bresk children, and Michael said to his wife, "We can do this too!" After some two years of research into which varieties of muscadine grapes would do best, the first five acres of vineyard were planted and Mitillini Vineyards was born.
Copyright 2010 Mitillini Vineyards: Adopt a Vine. All Rights Reserved.
Mitillini Vineyards - Perfect for Vineyard Weddings
Michael and Annemarie are developing the vineyard to allow vineyard weddings to be held in the vineyard and for the adoption of vines by individuals around the world. There is a special feeling you get when you step into the vineyard. That feeling is a connection to the earth and to growing things and the potential for success in one's life.
To make time for family and friends to visit the vineyard, Annemarie and Michael are allowing visitors to have a working vacation and to contribute to the establishment of the vineyard in a very real way. If you are interested in having a vacation that is different, this would be a great place to start.
A working vacation at Mitillini includes:
- Grape harvesting in September to include picking grapes, making juice, making jellies.
- Preparing grape juice for bottling
- Canning grapes and Labeling
- Working in the field from mid-April to December to include pruning, tying up vines and mowing, crop estimating, and pest control using organic methods.
- Your vacation will consist of three days with the owners of the vineyard and one-on-one conversations concerning the operations of the vineyard and tours of the vineyard.
- Time with the owner will be spent doing what the owner does to operate the vineyard as well as 'down time' activities that are chosen based on the vacationers' preference for the state parks in the area and/or events that are occurring in town.
- The ability to call and speak with the owners should you have questions after your vacation and purchase of an Adopt a Vine program package.
- Updates from the vineyard on a daily basis to maintain the contact that is made with the vines.
- Lunch will be provided each of the three days at nearby restaurants with a local flavor.
- Three nights stay in the Mitillini Vineyards owners' mobile home.
- Access to fun wine-related events, including wine tours, wine tasting, and more.
The Vineyard Vacations are available on a first come first serve basis, year round and are subject to the availability of the owners.
Many vacationers are interested in keeping a journal to allow for fond remembrances of the time they ran a vineyard.
Price: $1500 Per Person
Please call or email the vineyard to discuss this program.